Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox not opening any files with office programs

Explorer | Level 3

I have access to a business account dropbox and access to on office enterprise account - online as well as a desktop personal office account. 

If I save something to dropbox it will not open again for me using either 'open in word online' or if it's spreadsheet 'open in Excel online' I have also just tried clicking the links. 

Occasionally (about 20% of the time) the word file or excel sheet will open after first asking me if I have an office account, which I do have and am signed into. 

But for the most part, I get a blank page - no error, just blank, 

I've tried clearing caches, rebooting, rebooting dropbox and my office online account. 

I've also tried different browsers (chrome, firefox and microsoft edge)

This is really frustrating as it means if I want to collaborate with a doc or add anything to an existing doc or spreadsheet I have to download and reupload - which isn't good for security reasons and also version control. 

Could you please look into this and give me some advice. It's been going on ever since I bought a new HP pavilion last October. 

Thanks, 

Louise

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox not opening any files with office programs

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @LRW; how are you today?

Thanks for your extensive report and all the details you've provided us with.

As you've already done some troubleshooting here, as a last step, I'd like you to see if you notice the same behavior on an incognito window with no browser plugins or extensions running as these can sometimes cause some issues.

In case you do, I'll need to dig a tad deeper with account specific information so please let me know if it would be OK to use the email address that's connected to your Community's profile to generate a support ticket for you. 

Thanks a bunch Louise! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, 

Unfortunately I cannot do this last step of opening in an incognito window as it's a business account that was set up with last pass and that does not operate when you go incognito. I'm not sure what email is connected with this account does it end progressive-tsl.com that should be fine. 

Thanks, 

L

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Walter, 

Is there any more movement on my case - I haven't seen a support ticket raised yet? 

Thanks, 

L

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @LRW; thanks for the nudge and sorry for the late reply.

I just sent you an email so we can look further into this.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your email's inbox and we'll take it from there.  

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter could you let me know if you have an email ending progressive_tsl.com as I don't seem to have anything from you, have checked spam and junk files too. 

I'm now not at work until next Tuesday, but will resume this then. 

Thanks, 

Louise

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that Louise. 

Yes, the domain of the email address I used to send you a ticket is the one you mentioned.

If you can't find my email in your inbox and your spam folder, you can log a ticket with our support team from your end and then let me know its ID here (a 7 digit number) so I can locate it on our system and get on it. 

In either case, keep me posted!

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?