cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not operating appropriately with Google Chrome/Causes MacBook Air fan to loudly operate

Highlighted

Dropbox not operating appropriately with Google Chrome/Causes MacBook Air fan to loudly operate

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

To Whom It May Concern: 

I am having issues with Dropbox working appropriately with Google Chrome. Whenever I am running Google Chrome with Dropbox documents or the Dropbox website, the MacBook Air (macOS Catalina) fan runs extremely loud to the point where it sounds like an airplane is taking off. In looking at the activity tasks, it says Google Chrome Helper is taking 98% of the computer's energy. Once I close Chrome, the fan immediately turns off. 

Any way to fix this? I really need to use Google Chrome not Safari when it comes to opening Dropbox up. Thank you!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox not operating appropriately with Google Chrome/Causes MacBook Air fan to loudly operate

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi again @KAPINNEY. So sorry to hear that Google Chrome is acting up too. 

Let's start with troubleshooting the browser like you did for Safari. 

1. Clear your browser's cache.
  2. Restore your browser to its default settings and disable any browser plugins. The issue you're experiencing may be the result of a security setting or a plugin that you have installed on your browser.

3. You can even completely reinstall Chrome completely. 

Let me know if the issue and the sound persists, if you"x" out of the Dropbox website and only access other websites. 

Thank you!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?