cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not running on Windows 10 (2018)

Dropbox not running on Windows 10 (2018)

joshua4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Rather suddenly, the application will not launch.  Tried to reinstall, uninstall, reinstall... to no avail.  No icon in tray, no indicators (i.e., syncing, synched) on folder/file icons.  Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

have you rebooted since then?  if not, try that and let us know.  Other than that, did you fix permissions as described in that Help Center Article?  You may want to submit a Support email.   https://www.dropbox.com/support

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Hello,

it may help to reset the settings, please do what this article says https://help.dropbox.com/syncing-uploads/stuck-syncing

Especially look under the Subheading Learn More.

Hopes this helps

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

joshua4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding.  None of those fixes worked.  I even completely uninstalled my antivirus to test.  Please note that Dropbox is not "stuck syncing" -- the app will not launch at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.  Any other ideas?

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

have you rebooted since then?  if not, try that and let us know.  Other than that, did you fix permissions as described in that Help Center Article?  You may want to submit a Support email.   https://www.dropbox.com/support

joshua4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Chris,

Thank you for following up.  I have rebooted multiple times.  I double checked (per the article) and my permissions were not impaired (and in any event, I wasn't getting an error message or any indication of "OperationalError" or "BrokenTempDirError").  I guess I will check with support.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @joshua4

If you haven’t already done as @Chris_J suggested, please submit a ticket here

In the meantime, I would make sure that there isn’t another app getting in the way. These are usually things like anti-virus, firewall, or other security software. Try temporarily disabling them and see if it makes a difference.  

I would also make sure that you’re not using a beta build of our app. A beta version is denoted by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and then install our stable build. 

If all the above are in check, then we would go with a full uninstall/reinstall of our app. 
  • while/if the Dropbox icon is in your system tray, go into our preferences and Quit Dropbox
  • then go into your Control Panel, and Uninstall Dropbox
  • restart your computer, to make sure that the uninstall of our app is complete
  • download and install our app, using our latest offline installer from here 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.
Cheers! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @joshua4

I’m assuming that you’ve been able to resolve this, since we haven’t heard back from you. If you have any further questions or issues concerning your Dropbox, please don’t hesitate to contact us in our forum, or at https://www.dropbox.com/support

Cheers!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    joshua4 Explorer | Level 3
    Chris_J Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?