cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not syncing - file permission error message

Dropbox not syncing - file permission error message

Walter H.11
Explorer | Level 4

A have a folder containing several files and one sub-folder with files located on my desktop (Win10).  When I move the folder to the Dropbox folder (D:\Dropbox), it syncs OK.  However, I also use Boxifier and the same folder will not sync when it is added to a folder that uses a Boxifier shortcut to a network share drive folder (\\MyBookLive\public\Share Pictures\).  When using Boxifier, I see the error message "Couldn't upload. Give Dropbox permission to access this file."  The folder, sub-folder and all files have a red x icon overlay.  This seems odd that the files would sync when placed in the Dropbox folder but will not sync when placed in a folder connected to a Boxifier link.  And why would there be file permission errors in one case but not the other?

Will the solution provided here fix this issue:  https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/The-Dropbox-app-can-t-sync-one-file/m-p/441394... If not, what is causing this issue and how can it be resolved.  Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox not syncing - file permission error message

Razvan B.
Collaborator | Level 10

Hello @Walter H.11,

Razvan from Boxifier here. There could be multiple reasons why you get that permissions error and the actual reason can only be found by doing a deep dive into the issue. Since you mentioned this situation arises when syncing a network folder with Boxifier, I would strongly encourage you to get in touch with us in order for one of our customer support team members to take a look at it. While the team here on the Dropbox forum is great at helping users with Dropbox issues, they can only help so much when third-party applications like Boxifier are in the mix. Feel free to touch with me directly by e-mailing razvan at boxifier dot com and I will assist with this.

Thanks,

Razvan

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?