cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Slow Upload Speeds. Why?

Dropbox not uploading/ uploading v slow

jeanzbeanz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have dropbox installed on multiple devices and they all work fine, except it has suddenly stopped uploading on my windows laptop.

I moved a load of photos off my phone onto dropbox on my laptop last week and only a handful have uploaded.  The icon in my tray says it is syncing 405 files and has 36 minutes left.

It's definitely not a problem with my bandwidth and I have checked the settings to make sure that dropbox isn't set to a low upload speed.  

I have tried pausing sync and restarting, I have tried closing dropbox and re-opening.  I have also tried restarting my laptop and it uploaded 5 files then stopped again.

I am a pro user and have only used 50% of my available space.

Can anyone help?

214 Replies 214

Birgit L.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

After hard disk swap we tried to resync 104 GB to the new disk. The first 100 GB went within a couple of hours (the first 17000 of 18000 files) the next 3.9 GB took one more day, the last 100 files one more day and now we are watching the last 2 files going on for hours. Speed is around 50 kByte/sec.., looks like a dial up connection (no sounds through) 

Anything you could do to prevent this effect?

nick G.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm uploading a 1.6 GB movie and have selected 'don't limit' for upload speed.  Speedtest reckons I get 6.38 Mbps, so the movie should take less than 5 minutes to upload.  It looks like it will take over 30 minutes. WTF ???
So the question is - who gives the decent service that Dropbox apparently is unwilling to provide?

Paul P.25
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, have Pro but get no better than 2.3 kB/s upload. I'm paying good money for rubbish. Alternatives anyone?

James S.86
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Iam also getting tired of the SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW upload speeds. 

What am i paying for

Storage

and Snails pace uploads !!!

Sean K.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Painfully slow upload speeds and I have critical files to deliver to make a hard deadline. I'm going to switch service once my year is up. I wish my clients were more ftp interface inclined...

Phill S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How the do you UNSUBSCRIBE from these messages.

Dropbox is becoming painful in many more ways.

Phill S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Oh... yes .. and it's STILL slow

dan p.31
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We use dropbox for our company and it works fine for now with small files.

I've been using it for personal files and it has been ok.  I tried to load go pro video files and it is exceedingly slow and here I am on this forum.  It does not work well so I need a new service.  I don't trust google drive.  What other options are out there?

Moshe F.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

There's no reason not to trust Google Drive.

nick G.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Amazon Drive - it's much faster so far for me; uploading files of over 1GB size.

Need more support?