cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not uploading/ uploading v slow

Dropbox not uploading/ uploading v slow

jeanzbeanz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have dropbox installed on multiple devices and they all work fine, except it has suddenly stopped uploading on my windows laptop.

I moved a load of photos off my phone onto dropbox on my laptop last week and only a handful have uploaded.  The icon in my tray says it is syncing 405 files and has 36 minutes left.

It's definitely not a problem with my bandwidth and I have checked the settings to make sure that dropbox isn't set to a low upload speed.  

I have tried pausing sync and restarting, I have tried closing dropbox and re-opening.  I have also tried restarting my laptop and it uploaded 5 files then stopped again.

I am a pro user and have only used 50% of my available space.

Can anyone help?

214 Replies 214

hpzzep
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
be wise and drop this dropbox-bs. they're not worth the money or time you spend on it.

walwar
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I am having the exact same problem as others. I tried from both 100Mbps and 1Gbps with zero success and also tried to upload from both Mac and Linux but with the same results. It is PAINFULLY SLOW.

Also tried both Web upload and the App unfortunately same results and no I am not using wifi. If I don't see results I am will also leave just like others, this is not how to run a business. VERY disappointed paying customer.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey walwar

Let me send over some more details and tips to determine the cause!

• For starters, you may have a look here for some steps to adjust your bandwidth locally. 
  • Secondly, you could try force quitting all other applications and see if this helps improving your syncing speed. 
  • Also, let me ask you whether you’re in a work or home environment. 
  • You could use the link below to check your connection speed through your ISP and local network by using the following link: http://www.speedtest.net/

I’ll be following-up here, so please keep me updated in your reply! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Kennyjee
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am confused about the ability to set bandwidth manually. The moderator stated that if you have more bandwidth you can set Dropbox to sync as fast as your bandwidth will allow. I have 300 Mbps fiber up and down  and still stuck with 60kbps. I quit

hpzzep
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

You are right to quit.
They know this problem persists and they refuse to fix it.
You'll get an email by an employee that seems to try to help you but really doesn't do anything but direct you to so called solutions that everybody knows don't help at all.
Dropbox seems set to transform to a pure b2b company rather than help normal human customers who pay €100 a year for a service that just won't work properly. Where I come from we call that THEFT!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you could post it in the Find Answers section here. Jane]
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hpzzep Helpful | Level 5
    Kennyjee New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    walwar Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?