cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not uploading/ uploading v slow

Dropbox not uploading/ uploading v slow

jeanzbeanz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have dropbox installed on multiple devices and they all work fine, except it has suddenly stopped uploading on my windows laptop.

I moved a load of photos off my phone onto dropbox on my laptop last week and only a handful have uploaded.  The icon in my tray says it is syncing 405 files and has 36 minutes left.

It's definitely not a problem with my bandwidth and I have checked the settings to make sure that dropbox isn't set to a low upload speed.  

I have tried pausing sync and restarting, I have tried closing dropbox and re-opening.  I have also tried restarting my laptop and it uploaded 5 files then stopped again.

I am a pro user and have only used 50% of my available space.

Can anyone help?

214 Replies 214

Chelsea C.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The web sit uploading speed has dropped drastically since the weekend.  2-3G used to take ~ 1 hour.  Now it's taking 12 hours.  Very disappointed.  Hope DB will fix it.

Mike W.75
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Glad to hear it's not just me having the issue. I'm trying to upload Orchestrations that my employer needs today. It's only 300MB and it's taking 45 minutes? I've got crazy good internet, and it's all testing fine. I even uploaded a song to soundcloud that was 100MB and that only took a minute or so. Ridiculous. I've tried changing my bandwidth settings but no change. As others have said, it's an issue on DropBox's end and hopefully they fix it soon!

Chris7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same with me, just upgraded to 1 Tb plan und want to make some backups with the API Server-to-Dropbox.

Totally useless, 15 GB per night are not possible with dropbox, that would need 10 days. Unfortunally you cannot communicate with dropbox and get the money back.

Now checking mediafire, which works great by now. Only the API do not have nice examples!!!

Chris7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Ok, my job has finished, it wasn't that slow: 12 GB needs 4.5 HOURS, not usable for a daily backup.

Suzanne P.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hey you guys are lucky. My desktop icon showing 36 days to upload my photos! Since the first small folder I uploaded said 24 hrs and took over a week I am not sure if I will have a back up of my photos in my lifetime!

Marge A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

At my work today we paid for one 1TB account to make a backup of all of our data. At this moment it is about 320GB off data in 430.000 files. I know that the synchronizing speed above 300.000 would be some less, but only 50.000 files are marked for uploading, the rest is still indexing.

Like I read here we are facing the same problem of very slow uploads. This afternoon is was about 70kb/s which would take about 1,5 month to upload the files. But now it is only 4,7kb/s and sometime it pauses. Our upload speed is 30 mbit, so clearly this is not the problem. When we upload some files in the webportal the speed is what it should be, but it is only possible to upload 3000 files at once.

So we would like to hear a timeline when Dropbox is solving this problem. Clearly we can't use this service at it was intended. Why give 1TB if it is impossible to fill it? We paid €99,- today and if this problem isn't solved within this month Dropbox is not working as it should and we will claim back the paid rate.

So to the Dropbox operatators: when is this being solved?

Encore P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Having banged our heads against the wall since several months trying to find a work-around the dropbox problem of excessively slow syncing and uploading of files, we can no longer work with this service.

We have seen no help from Dropbox here in the forums or elsewhere.

We have seen no solutions propose by the many other users experiencing the same problems.

What we paid for was a solution that we could use.

Unfortunately, the syncing an uploading speeds are so slow and the impact on the RAM memory and computer speed results in a "service" that we cannot use.

So regrettably we must now actively look for alternative solutions.

Given that Dropbox is essentially a one-product company, it befuddles me why they have not been able to address this issue. This is not a good sign for their future.

chris b.45
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The company I work for has 10tb account and I'm about to pull the plug on it. Dropbox you are rubbish. For a one trick pony company you would think your paying clients would get half of what they pay for.

I gave up on using the DB program and bought a proper file synch program that could upload nativly to our DB account so I didn't have have to have Dropbox installed on my server. With a 15mb fiber connection, no traffic, no DB program I don't get more than 109kb upload. What this tells me that the cause of the slow upload is not my service provider, not my software, not my network or the 400gb that I have been trying to backup for the last couple of weeks, but Dropbox's rubbish setup.

Tomas W.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I switched from Apple ICloud drive yesterday to Dropbox Pro. After reading this thread I thought I'd made a bad choice, however, today I uploaded all my photos and videos, 11500 files, 140GB of data in 12 hours. The upload speed (according to my MacBook) was consistently 3-5 MB/s. I use a 100/100 Mb connection. So maybe I was just lucky, or maybe they have done some improvements. Using MacBook Pro, OS X Maverick, Dropbox version 3.10.8. 

I live in Sweden

Jocelyn R.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Tomas, not sure what happened there but you're mentioning numbers that no one have seen before!  I guess I'll test again when I get home.  

Maybe (just maybe) they "fixed" something! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hpzzep Helpful | Level 5
    Kennyjee New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    walwar Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?