cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not working in Finder app in High Sierra

Dropbox not working in Finder app in High Sierra

nfmiller
New member | Level 2

Have installed the Dropbox app on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 numerous times. Each time it tells me that the installation has been successful, yet when I click on the app in Finder it does nothing - no error message, nothing. Anyone any ideas?  Norman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox not working in Finder app in High Sierra

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @nfmiller1

In order to have a better look into the behavior you're experiencing, we'd have to take this discussion to email. For this reason, I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Lusil
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that, @nfmiller

Do you see the Dropbox icon that should be next to your desktop's clock on your menu bar?

If you don't, could you please try an advanced reinstall and see if that does the trick? 

If you do, then, when you click on it, and then navigate and select the folder icon, does it navigate you to your Dropbox folder?

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nfmiller1
Explorer | Level 3

I think the problem is that I'm installing Dropbox Business (to trial it) while I've still got Dropbox active on my computer. I can see the icon, but when I click on it, it shows my personal files. Can I switch between my personal account and my business account (different emails & passwords)?

Lusil
Dropboxer
You can switch between your personal and you work (Business) account on your desktop app by connecting them. You can find more info here by selecting the relevant OS

Let me know if you’re still having trouble with this, @nfmiller1, and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

nfmiller1
Explorer | Level 3

I've got both accounts active now and I can switch between the two. My only issue now is when I click on the Dropbox icon at the top of the screen, it simply opens Dropbox.com in Safari, is that correct? I was expecting an app to open.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @nfmiller1

Is this when you click on the Dropbox icon that's next to your desktop's clock? Could you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing (omitting personal info) so as to have a better understanding of your concern? 

Cheers! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

nfmiller1
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, this is the icon at the top, next to the clock. I tried attaching a screenshot, but when I choose the screenshot in "Choose file" below, I get "Unexpected error".

When I click on the icon, it simply opens a new window in Safari and goes to Dropbox.com. I can see my files and I can work with them, but I was expecting a separate app to open.

Lusil
Dropboxer

:thinking: Hmm, could you please try an advanced reinstall and see if that does the trick? 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

nfmiller1
Explorer | Level 3

Exactly the same thing! Just opens a Safari window and links to Dropbox.com.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @nfmiller1

In order to have a better look into the behavior you're experiencing, we'd have to take this discussion to email. For this reason, I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    nfmiller1 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?