cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not working in MacOS High Sierra

Dropbox not working in MacOS High Sierra

wkyandy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After updating to MacOS High Sierra 10.13, my dropbox on my Macbook Air start not syncing.  Then I tried to uninstall and then install the dropbox again.  However, when i press the dropbox icon after installation, it doesn't work at all and nothing happened.  I tried the above procedures for few times and still nothing come out though I successfully install it. The dropbox even not showing on the menu bar or in finder box.   

Any suggestions?  

47 Replies 47

andy t.15
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This didn't work for me

evaredmond1982
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also experiencing this problem with high sierra and dropbox not working together. When in click on the icon it never changes from saying "connecting" I have tried the options given in the comments and still no change. 

Dropbox is used for the business and if this error is not fixed i will have to seek out a new provider. 

Please advise 

aarongarn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here. I tried the terminal commands, but no luck.

andy t.15
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This fixed my problem.  I followed solution 2 in the link and it worked for me.  As well as Dropbox there were quite a few things that didn't work with High Sierra, EG, Firefox kept telling me that there was no internet connection but Chrome worked perfectly, App Store told me to access the internet to access it when I was connected to the intenet, also wouldn't let me access iCloud.  All good now.  Hope it works for others.

https://appuals.com/cannot-connect-to-the-app-store/

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey everyone, 
If you’re still experiencing the issue I suggest that you submit a ticket here for further investigation and assistance. 
Cheers! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

nonerpants
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
My brand new macbook with high sierra won't sync - and this didn't fix it - please help!

Zeipo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am having the same problem. Installed Dropbox on a brand new MacBook Pro and even if Dropbox shows the "syncing" symbol, no sync is taking place - no files appear in my Dropbox folder.

Any advice?

Thx

nonerpants
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

What version of High Sierra are you running, Zeipo? Did you update to 10.13.2 before installing Dropbox? I'm wondering if that is part of the problem for us.

While I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue - I'm really confused as to how this can be happening with such little information online about this problem. Very frustrating as I just need to start using my laptop for work. 

Zeipo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Before I started installing any kind of software I updated the operating system to 10.13.2.

Very frustrating indeed.

nonerpants
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I have a feeling that updating to 10.13.2 is part of this problem - we have another thread going about it and someone from DB just emailed me about it - but no solution yet. Here's the other thread if you want to see it: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Dropbox-stuck-at-syncing-not-downloadin...
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    vfrrjq New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    patriciaB Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?