cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not working in MacOS High Sierra

Dropbox not working in MacOS High Sierra

wkyandy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After updating to MacOS High Sierra 10.13, my dropbox on my Macbook Air start not syncing.  Then I tried to uninstall and then install the dropbox again.  However, when i press the dropbox icon after installation, it doesn't work at all and nothing happened.  I tried the above procedures for few times and still nothing come out though I successfully install it. The dropbox even not showing on the menu bar or in finder box.   

Any suggestions?  

47 Replies 47

Zeipo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thx

nonerpants
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
@Zeipo - Can you tell me if you use the free or paid version of Dropbox? If the free, how much space do you have available/how much have you earned? Trying to narrow down commonalities between these machines that aren't syncing . . .

Zeipo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am using the free version. I earned quite some GB since I am using the service already for some years. In a nutshell, I earned close to 20 GB and 54% are still available. On the mac I have at least 400GB available, so this shouldn't be the problem neither. On my MacMini, Dropbox is installed as well and there I don't have any issues. But obviously Dropbox was already installed before I upgraded to High Sierra and since I have no SSD in the MacMini the new file system of High Sierra wasn't applied.

nonerpants
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I am also on the free version and was gifted 500gb of free space from someone who worked at Dropbox (in trade for work I did for them) - I really think this is an issue related to the latest High Sierra version 10.13.2 and the new apple file system - someone from Dropbox elevated the issue for me via support ticket and I'm crossing my fingers they're able to help fix it today. Sigh.

Zeipo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I keep my fingers crossed as well but so far no changes.

nonerpants
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I'm going to downgrade to Sierra. I've heard nothing but various troubles from friends with High Sierra and I'm hoping downgrading this new machine fixes this Dropbox issue for now.

Zeipo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It's working again! Great, thanks a lot!

rellinor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i have the same issues.  Did you ever solve the problem???

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi again, everybody, 

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still experiencing this issue, and again I ask that you submit a ticket here for further investigation. This helps our team to keep track of all individual occurrences, and notify you directly when there’s any news. 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

croppfox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This fixed the problem for me too.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    vfrrjq New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    patriciaB Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?