cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox on Mac unlinking automatically

Dropbox on Mac unlinking automatically

joannagaze
New member | Level 2

I've been having problems getting Dropbox on my Mac (running OS 10.14.6) to sign in and sync.

When I sign in/link my account it only stays that way for a couple of seconds. The sync starts, then it somehow unlinks itself and the dialogue box for me to log in pops up again.

I've restarted my laptop. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox. I've also uninstalled Dropbox, restarted the computer then reinstalled Dropbox.

It syncs fine online (though Google Chrome/Dropbox website) and on other devices (Android or Windows), but I just can't get it to stay signed in long enough to sync to my Mac.

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox on Mac unlinking automatically

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello @joannagaze - welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this issue with the desktop app on your computer and thanks for letting us know all the troubleshooting steps you've taken already - it really helps a lot!

Since you've already done all that though, I'm afraid I don't have much to offer; only a suggestion for a clean, advanced re-install as this might do the trick for you. 

The relevant steps are outlined in the following Help Center article:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall 

I hope this helps and please let me know the results when you get the chance. Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?