cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox on Surface Microsoft Windows RT 1516

Dropbox on Surface Microsoft Windows RT 1516

RosarioI
New member | Level 2

Previous thread did not answer the question. Is it possible to install and use Dropbox integration on old models of Surface with ARM processor and Windows 8.1?

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox on Surface Microsoft Windows RT 1516

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @RosarioI - welcome to our Community!

At first, could you clarify to which thread you were referring exactly?

As per your concern now, unfortunately, the Dropbox desktop (I assume you mean our desktop app when you say Dropbox integration in your post) app isn’t compatible with ARM processors. If your Windows 10 computer/laptop or tablet uses an ARM processor, you won't be able to install the Dropbox desktop app.

In case you were wondering, you do have some other options to access Dropbox from Windows 10 on ARM computers: 

1. Our site on dropbox.com

dropbox.com works the same on ARM computers as it does on any other computer.

2. The Dropbox for S mode app

If you'd like to take a look at our requirements, you can visit the relevant Help Center article: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/system-requirements 

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?