cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox on iOS 9.6.4 suddenly broken -- help

hanezeki
Explorer | Level 3

I have an Apple iPhone 4s.  The latest possible iOS is 9.6.4.  Dropbox say that I should use iOS12.  What other options do I have to make it carry on working?

Thank you

Harry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox on iOS 9.6.4 suddenly broken -- help

Rich
Super User II

@hanezeki wrote:

I have an Apple iPhone 4s.  The latest possible iOS is 9.6.4.  Dropbox say that I should use iOS12.  What other options do I have to make it carry on working?

There are no other options. The Dropbox app will no longer work on an iOS version that old. You might be able to sign in to the Dropbox website in Safari, but that might not work either due to the age of the browser.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@hanezeki wrote:

There are no other options. The Dropbox app will no longer work on an iOS version that old. You might be able to sign in to the Dropbox website in Safari, but that might not work either due to the age of the browser.

View solution in original post

hanezeki
Explorer | Level 3

Rich

Thank you for such a quick answer.  Not what I wanted to hear, though!  ;-( 

Good idea to try a browser, but ... as you guessed ...  I just now tried Safari (also Chrome, Puffin, Dolphin, and mini-Opera) -- no luck.

Maybe time to buy another smartphone?  Probably an Android device this time -- cost issues.

Harry

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hanezeki Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?