I installed the desktop app many times but whenever I click on the icon the files appear in windows explorer. I've tried change it from the task tray icon, Preferences/General/Open folders in/Dropbox app but there is no choice for the app, it's suggesting me to download the app, but I have it intalled already. I tried this on my other device and it worked just fine. Both devices are microsoft serface and both of them are working with windows 10. Please help, Thanks.
Hi @Enani_Abdul; welcome to the Dropbox Family and happy March!
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with getting our new desktop app on one of your devices.
In order for us to determine if this is an issue related to your user profile on the affected machine, please create a brand new local Operating System user profile with administrator rights in which we'll try to reproduce the behavior, by following these steps:
1. Click Start.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel screen, click on User Accounts.
4. In the User Accounts screen, click on the Manage another account option.
5. Click on Add a new user in PC settings.
6. In the next screen, Other accounts will be highlighted. On the right side, click on the + sign in Add an account.
7. By default, the next screen will want an email address of the new user associated with an existing Microsoft live.com email address. If you don't have one, click the link at the bottom of the screen that says Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
8. The next screen will have a button that says "Local account". Click on that.
9. Enter the username, password, and password hint, and click next.
10. You will return to the Manage Other Accounts screen. Select the newly created account, and click the Edit button.
11. There will be a drop-down menu. Open it, and select Administrator, then click OK.
12. The new user profile will NOT appear in the Manage Accounts screen but will be selectable on restart and will appear in the Manage Accounts screen on next login.