cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox opens multiple windows on my computer without any interaction

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Does any body know why Dropbox keeps opening umpteen window's while i am using my Laptop all by it's self?It is getting really annoying now as it has just opened 8 a few minuetes ago and is very distracting while i'm trying to work.

5 Replies 5

Re: app keeps opening

Super User
Super User

@Colleen76-18 wrote:

Does any body know why Dropbox keeps opening umpteen window's while i am using my Laptop all by it's self?It is getting really annoying now as it has just opened 8 a few minuetes ago and is very distracting while i'm trying to work.

Hello, @Colleen76-18...

I'm not currently experiencing the problem so it's not happening to everyone.

Are you using the Web Interface or the Desktop Client?

Please post a screenshot or two so we can see first-hand what you're viewing (minus any sensitive information).

Thank you.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
What OS are you using?
What version of Dropbox?

Its not an error I've ever heard of.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi @Colleen76-18, thanks for posting on the Forum & welcome aboard! 

First of all, thank you @Mark and @310EI for your contribution to this thread, much appreciated!

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to locate your open request from my side & I have assigned it to a colleague of mine. You should receive it shortly, so please make sure to check your inbox. If you have any trouble locating it, please let me know on this discussion so as to check back with you.  

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to get back to me here. In the mean time, take care & have a wonderful day! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox opens multiple windows on my computer without any interaction

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

It is also going crazy on mine with 10 or 15 dropbox icons in the tray trying to open at once.

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox opens multiple windows on my computer without any interaction

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @bfishergr, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Do you by any chance have a screenshot (without any personal info) illustrating this? 

Keep me posted - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?