cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox scan HORRIBLE quality

Dropbox scan HORRIBLE quality

New member | Level 2

I have several scan utilities on my iphone SE, but I thought using Dropbox's scan utility would expedite sending files to Dropbox after the scan. However, the result of the scan was the worst I have ever seen. I am very disappointed and frustrated, because I had time constraints. The text is completely unreadable. 

Searching this community, I see that this issue was first reported in 2017, but no resolution was given. Between this issue and Dropbox's resource sucking (disk, mainly), I am beginning to look at other options. 

I am hoping that there is a setting that can be corrected, but I am not seeing anything like that. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox scan HORRIBLE quality

Dropboxer

Hello @DebD! Welcome to the Community and thanks for the report about the scanning feature.

As a first step, could you please try to re-install the app on your iPhone and let me know if the issue persists?

If it does, send me a screenshot or two depicting the problem at hand (maybe one of how it shows when scanned and uploaded to Dropbox and one of how it looks like when you take a photo of it with your mobile's camera) so I can have a further look into this.

In the meantime, make sure to be on the most up to date version of your mobile's OS while clearing the app's cache could also help (let me know if you'd like the instructions for that). 

Thanks so much Deb!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dropboxer

Hello @DebD! Welcome to the Community and thanks for the report about the scanning feature.

As a first step, could you please try to re-install the app on your iPhone and let me know if the issue persists?

If it does, send me a screenshot or two depicting the problem at hand (maybe one of how it shows when scanned and uploaded to Dropbox and one of how it looks like when you take a photo of it with your mobile's camera) so I can have a further look into this.

In the meantime, make sure to be on the most up to date version of your mobile's OS while clearing the app's cache could also help (let me know if you'd like the instructions for that). 

Thanks so much Deb!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Deb, thanks for the advice. I have been using the Dropbox app to scan documents using my Iphone for a while and extolling its virtues to others. So, I was really shocked when the quality disappeared. I thought it was working from home (COVID-19), maybe not enough light, but nothing worked. The reload app and clear cache has done the trick and it is working again. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?