cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox showing blue sync icon for all files, not syncing with pc and stuck on "syncing"

Dropbox showing blue sync icon for all files, not syncing with pc and stuck on "syncing"

tdre
Explorer | Level 3

hi

so my dropbox on MacOS 10.4.16 is stuck syncing, showing all blue files, after I turned of selective sync for everything, and it populated my pc files to my dropbox (which is my main dropbox computer sort of) but turned them on as online only.

All seemed to work fine and i was pleased i didnt have to use selective sync all the time to make sure my smaller mac HD didnt become too full with all the working files from my pc, but could still acces them.

When i moved a folder from mac (when everything was green checkmarks) to my pc folder, the changes showed on dropbox online, but did not reflect on my mac,

it then went to show all blue sync marks and is now stuck syncing forevr.

No changes reflect in the mac dropbox, and i didn an advanced reinstall and it just went back to doing the exact same,

please help!!!

ty

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox showing blue sync icon for all files, not syncing with pc and stuck on "syncing&quo

tdre
Explorer | Level 3

might have to do with mac os reservering the space for the files? 

That would be pretty useless then, as thats 800 gbs on my dropbox, and it would just be nice to be able to see the files, and they are not actually taking any space so why would mac os think they do?

Re: Dropbox showing blue sync icon for all files, not syncing with pc and stuck on "syncing&quo

tdre
Explorer | Level 3

now im trying to get rid of all the huge folders that are probably blocking everything by using selective sync, but off course that doesnt work as its just completely blocked 

tdre
Explorer | Level 3

selective sync doesnt work, and im worries deleting the folders straight up will delete them from my pc and online as well... which seems logical.

I dont want to deal with thousands of syncing discrepancies,

i opted in to the early acces zero whatver size disk thing, hoping that will work soon because i am basically unable to use my laptop like this

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @tdre

Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout this! 

At this point, I'd recommend to continue troubleshooting via email due to account-specific info that may be required. 

I was able to locate your support request and can see that it's under review by a specialized member of the team.

I've passed your comments along to them and they'll get back to you with more info as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tdre
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you!
Hope they e-mail me soon
Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?