cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox shows 2 devices but only have one.

Dropbox shows 2 devices but only have one.

Gilwal1
New member | Level 2

Hi.  I want to add my iphone to dropbox but it only allows me three devices.  I only have three devices but on my mac it is showing the I have 'Mac book Pro.local'; 'Ipad' and 'Mac book Pro'.  

It seems that they have given me two accounts for my macbook pro whereas I only have one.  The .local one is showing I have used it in the last hour when i downloaded some files.  But the other one which it just names 'Mac book Pro' was last used 4 months ago.  I am worried that if I delete the one that was used 4 months ago, I will delete the present one I am using.  I'm not sure how this has happened.

Can anyone tell me if I delete the old one, I will not be deleting the one I am using.

Thanks  

2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox shows 2 devices but only have one.

Elixir
Super User

Hi @Gilwal1, I think it is safe to remove your old device. In case, it unlinks your current MacBook Pro, you can always sign back in to re-link again. 

Re: Dropbox shows 2 devices but only have one.

Walter
Dropboxer

And to add to what @Elixir mentions, you can review your currently linked devices through your account's Security page: https://www.dropbox.com/account/security 

Let us know how this goes and welcome to our Community @Gilwal1!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?