cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox stopped syncing since update

Dropbox stopped syncing since update

pdiseris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ever since Dropbox released their new update, my files have been stuck on the same few hundred files and haven't been able to sync or save anything new in over 4 months. All the while they keep charging me my monthly fee. I've reached out to support several times and none of the solutions have helped. I've unlinked and relinked my account, have used their terminal commands, which also didn't. They have literally broken the product with this update without being able to offer me any solutions.

I'm using an external drive for my dropbox folder, it's not a network drive. It has worked flawlessly via this setup for over 10 years. Now with all these new updates etc, Dropbox no longer works as it did. it's a real shame and a huge inconvenience for my productivity. I'm sure others feel the same.

48 Replies 48

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for joining us here @Sardinha123!

When you tried the steps to fix permissions and hardlinks, can you let me know if you got a pop up prompt to let you know that this completed successfully?

Since you have a large amount of data in your Dropbox folder, then it might take a little time to complete this.

Also, if you hover over the Dropbox icon on your menu bar, can you see the sync speed for the desktop app and let me know what it shows there?

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sardinha123
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 15.37.33.png

When i fixed the links and permission i got the message that it was done.

Tok some time but it was made.

Now i am trying to delete some folders directly in dropbox.com to see if it makes the syncing connection again.

I am sending a picture of the uploading and downloading.

The number now increased because i deleted som folders on dropbox.com

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for trying that @Sardinha123!

Can you let me know if you see the sync status progressing now, or did it become stuck again at a specific number?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sardinha123
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 19.29.30.png

As you can see the indexing change a bit but both uploading and downloading are still the same.

I understand that there is a big number of files, but difficult to understand why is taking so long.

Still hasnt synced with dropbox.com...

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking on that @Sardinha123!

If you're seeing the status progressing, even if it's just the indexing, I'd suggest to let the app continue syncing as it doesn't appear to be stuck.

Since this is taking a while though, could you let me know if you've checked the bandwidth settings of the desktop app to see if they're limited at all? Perhaps this will help with the allowing the changes to sync faster.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

jackyling
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi any issue to my solve my dropbox syncing problem... it keep showing syncing but the files wont complete syncing 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @jackyling, hope you're doing well!

Can you try out these steps to see if that does the trick?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Muzza
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I followed the steps and on the account tab, the option suggested for Mac simply does not exist.
the only option is 'unlink this dropbox'

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Muzza, thanks for joining the topic!

When you're on the "Account" tab within the desktop app settings, when holding the Options/Alt key on your keyboard do you not see these options?

If not, can you let me know which version of the app you currently have installed and the current sync status of the desktop app?

Let me know!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

tai11354
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Daphne,

I also have the syncing problem where the icon always shows syncing, but no files are synced. It appears that the last time files synced was four days ago in the camera upload folder. New files have been uploaded to the folder every day, but they are not syncing to my PC. I've tried the fix hardlink and fix permissions, but still not syncing. I'm using version 102.4.431 on Windows 10. What else can you suggest?

Need more support?