cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stopped working on BlackBerry 10 devices

Dropbox stopped working on BlackBerry 10 devices

matoho
New member | Level 2

Hey,

I just wanted to use a file in my dropbox, but unfortunately Dropbox stopped working on my BleckBerry OS 10 device. I've found an older thread from 2015 where Dropbox contacted BlackBerry / Research In Motion to deal with the error and the problem got fixed.

Any chance dropbox could help out here again?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Unable to reach DropBox, try again later" msg on BlackBerry Z10 app

Rich
Super User II

The Dropbox app for Blackberry is not made by Dropbox, but by Blackberry. It connects to Dropbox using the Dropbox API. Dropbox recently shutdown their API v1 after it had been deprecated in June 2016. Any third-party application that hasn't been updated to use API v2 will no longer be able to connect to Dropbox. You'll need to contact the developer of the application as only they can provide support for it.

View solution in original post

Re: Dropbox stopped working on BlackBerry 10 devices

CoffeeMedic
New member | Level 2
SOLVED: Delete your current version of Dropbox on your Blackberry 10 device, it was most likely originally downloaded from the Blackberry World or it came with your device. Enter the Amazon app store that is now being promoted by BlackBerry, search for and download Dropbox from this Amazon app store instead. Enter your credentials and it should work just fine. Worked for me, I hope it will for all of you as well!

14 Replies 14

tiffon
Explorer | Level 3

"Unable to reach DropBox, try again later" msg on BlackBerry Z10 app

spookie
Explorer | Level 4

My Dropbox app stopped functioning 16 days ago from my Blackberry Z10; I'm unable to sync any of my photos or files. My computer app works fine. I've not edited any settings.

I noticed the Dropbox app on my iPhone 5c is not uploading photos either. 
I use the BlackBerry often and there are many photos on it I need to transfer to Dropbox. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but that did nothing. The app is the latest version. I checked BB World.

Rich
Super User II

The Dropbox app for Blackberry is not made by Dropbox, but by Blackberry. It connects to Dropbox using the Dropbox API. Dropbox recently shutdown their API v1 after it had been deprecated in June 2016. Any third-party application that hasn't been updated to use API v2 will no longer be able to connect to Dropbox. You'll need to contact the developer of the application as only they can provide support for it.

rjam
New member | Level 2

I can translate the first bit of the answer to English. It says the answer is in the picture below which I can't translate. So none the wiser.

Rich
Super User II
See the reply I left above yours. In short, the app, made by Blackberry, won't work anymore.

spookie
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Rich. I had NO idea since there was no info on the app's page in BlackBerry World.
I'm pretty annoyed right now! This BlackBerry is now quickly going obsolete. :unamused:

mark_l
Explorer | Level 3
No

Rich
Super User II

mark_l wrote:
No

Yes?

spookie
Explorer | Level 4
No...what?
Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

doctorrokter New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropboxer
    rjam New member | Level 2
    CoffeeMedic New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?