cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stuck at syncing (v88.3.167)

Dropbox stuck at syncing (v88.3.167)

Mincey
Explorer | Level 4

I've had Dropbox perfoming faultlessly for several years on several PCs in the house, but recently one PC came up with a "Dropbox ended unexpectedly" (or similar) error several times then refused to sync. 

I uninstalled Dropbox, downloaded v88.3.167 but it still refuses to sync, just sitting there with the blue tick against the icon next to the clock (it's Windows 7 - yes, I know....)

I've since unlinked my account, uninstalled Dropbox, rebooted, reinstalled Dropbox (and it still remembered my selective sync settings) several times, but it's still sitting at syncing. 

Is there anything else I can try please? This is on the main house PC which has all the family photos, so it's crucial that this bad boy works properly!

Many thanks in advance 🙂

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox stuck at syncing (v88.3.167)

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Mincey, I hope you're doing well!

Since you're currently running a beta version of the app, I'd suggest downgrading to our latest stable version to see if that helps first.

You will need to toggle off "Early releases" at the bottom of your account settings page here. Then, please download and install the latest version from here.

If this doesn't do the trick, can you just try the steps I mentioned in another thread here to fix any incorrect file permissions that might be preventing sync from progressing?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Mincey, I hope you're doing well!

Since you're currently running a beta version of the app, I'd suggest downgrading to our latest stable version to see if that helps first.

You will need to toggle off "Early releases" at the bottom of your account settings page here. Then, please download and install the latest version from here.

If this doesn't do the trick, can you just try the steps I mentioned in another thread here to fix any incorrect file permissions that might be preventing sync from progressing?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Mincey
Explorer | Level 4
Hello Daphne,
Many thanks for helpling me. I have done as you say and all my files are downloading now. If i could, i would give you the biggest hug now!
Have a fantastic day,
Mincey

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm really glad to hear that's working now @Mincey!

I'd be more than happy to help if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give me a nudge here. 🤗

I hope you have a great day and Happy Holidays! 🥳

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?