cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox sync kills my internet connection

Dropbox sync kills my internet connection

vlaxi011
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 6 days from now I had problem with internet, even my provider sent someone to check it, but at the end I figured that when I turn off syncer everything is fine, when it works internet doesnt work. I have 500Mb/50Mb internet connection. Have no limits set in software. 

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox sync kills my internet connection

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @vlaxi011, thanks for reaching out to us on the Dropbox Community. 

Although, normally, Dropbox uses as much bandwidth as it can without interfering with your normal internet usage, you can change the syncing speed by manually setting the upload/download speed, following these steps

Note that setting your Upload to Don't Limit or higher than what your connection is capable of can cause other Internet activity on your network to slow significantly.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions, and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

vlaxi011
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, thanks for answer, but you didn't understand what I said. 

I sad - when I turn on dropbox sync - it triggers my router and have no internet connection (on my desktop computer, my laptop, my phones). And after that if I turn off my dropbox syncer - internet connection come back. And I needed 6 days to figure that. 

Then I said that I have good internet (when it works).

Also that I didn't mess with d/u speed limit in dropbox syncer (to be more clear).

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for writing back to me, @vlaxi011

Hmm. :thinking: Out of curiosity, when you mention that you turn sync off, do you pause syncing and leave the desktop app running, or do you quit the desktop app completely?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

vlaxi011
Explorer | Level 3

I shut down app totaly

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @vlaxi011

You could try a simple reinstallation of the desktop app to see if that triggers a change in behavior. 

In the meantime, could you also have a look at our Support page and check to see your options to contacting our team?

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?