cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox sytem tray search box?

Dropbox sytem tray search box?

porthos
Helpful | Level 6

I'm really confused.  We have several users at work that have dropbox installed on Windows 10.  They are all running v67.4.83, but some of them have a search box at the top of the system tray pop-up menu and others don't?

Why am I seeing an optiont to search files in some installations of dropbox and not on others?

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox sytem tray search box?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there, @porthos !

If you’d like to have a more in-depth investigation on the matter, we’d have to move this discussion to email due to account-specific information that’ll be necessary. In this case, for your convenience, I can contact you directly to your email address associated with your Forum profile.

Furthermore, since troubleshooting would occur only for your account, for security and privacy purposes, please advise any other user experiencing this on their account to get in touch with our Support team via email

Let me know how you’d like to proceed and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

porthos
Helpful | Level 6

OK.  I didn't think it would be so account specific, but ok, please send me an email to help me diagnose why I am not seeing the search box.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming that for me, @porthos . 

I’ve sent you an email, as mention, to the email address that’s connected to your Forum profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

porthos
Helpful | Level 6

Not making any progress with dropbox support so I'm coming back to the community.  They are just trying giving me the canned responses of 'your dropbox install has a problem, uninstall, reboot, wipe registry, reboot, reinstall, etc...etc...  None of which has any affect and this makes no logical sense because I went to the exact same computer that has a dropbox which has the dropbox search menu and I have a 2nd user profile on that same computer. When I run dropbox on that computer my account doesn't get the search box, but the other account does get the search box.  That 2nd profile is also a pristine/new profile.  So it simply doesn't follow logic that this is a local computer issue.

This really looks like it is a 'feature' rollout issue and only some accounts/users have this feature activated.

That's fine, but dropbox needs to share this information and CONFIRM it with it's users rather than make it a 'stealth' deployment.

Google does this stuff all the time and it's hugely disruptive and a waste of everyone's time, not because it's a partial rollout, but because they don't tell anyone *including* their own tech support....

Can any other user's comment on their experience?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @porthos

I’ve given a nudge to the member of the team who’s looking into this for you and have passed your comments along to them. As soon as they have more info on this, they’ll get back to you. 

In the meantime, I’ll leave this thread open as a point of reference for now for any additional comments or questions. 

Thanks in advance for your patience! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    porthos Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?