cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox taking up huge % CPU after update

Dropbox taking up huge % CPU after update

phildusart
Explorer | Level 4

I am on Mac and have a normal paid account.

My Dropbox Mac updated itself today (At least I assume it was today, the first time I opened it today it popped up with a new looking interface and a load of those info boxes about new features), however since the update it has been running at 100%+ CPU causing the machine to slow down a lot and make a very loud noise.

There is nothing syncing, and I have read through the article here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/high-cpu-usage

I cannot find any Symlinks in my dropbox folder, I have tried closing every other open application to see if there is a conflict, and I never had any problems until I started up my machine this Monday morning.

Is there something inthe new update that has changed Dropbox, causing these problems? Nothing significant has changed in my data or usage since last week!

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox taking up huge % CPU after update

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hello @phildusart

Thanks for doing some initially troubleshooting - definitely helps with giving a better understanding of the behavior. 

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so that we can further investigate this together. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?