cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox taskbar icon menu/pop-up not showing when using a specific screen resolution. Any ideas?

Highlighted

Dropbox taskbar icon menu/pop-up not showing when using a specific screen resolution. Any ideas?

Explorer | Level 3

Clicking on the dropbox system tray icon (taskbar icon) on Windows 10 should make the notifications/pop-up menu appear. However, I'm not seeing this menu when I click once on the Dropbox icon. But when I chane my screen resolution, to 800x600 for example, the menu appears! But that is not a solution, of course. Does anyone else had this same problem? 

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox taskbar icon menu/pop-up not showing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello there @Gilfernandes, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you let me know which version of the app you have installed at the moment?

Also, when you're not able to bring up the menu from the Dropbox icon, what resolution do you have for your setup?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Daphne!

My app is version 103.3.380.

And my resolution is 2256x1504 when I'm not able to bring up the menu from the Dropbox icon. But it used to work in this resolution. It has just stopped recently.

And there are other resolutions that doesn't work either.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Gilfernandes!

It looks like you're using a beta version of the desktop app there, denoted with xx.3.xxx. The stable versions of the app are numbered xx.4.xxx instead.

Can you try downgrading from the beta version to see if that helps?

To do this, you'll need to toggle off the option for early releases at the bottom of this page and then download and install the latest stable version of the app from here.

Let me know if that does the trick!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey Daphne,

I did the trick, and now I have version 102.4.431. But unfortunatelly, the problem persists.

And other strange bahavior I've noticed is that when I double-click the dropbox icon to open the new app interface, it opens an extremelly big window, that goes beyond my screen limits, and I need to adjust it all the time.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Daphne , any help?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Gilfernandes; happy Friday!

Can you please check if this is happening with our latest stable version of the desktop app as v. 103.4.383 came out a couple of days ago?

In case this persists, please let us know your computer's exact OS and build so we can have a better look into this.

A screenshot of what you see would also help so feel free to attach one in your next response if needed.

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Walter !

The problem persists. :/

My OS is Windows 10 Pro

Version 2004

Build 19041.423

Thanks.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Gilfernandes, thanks for the additional information. 

Could you send us a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you're seeing so as to have a better visual of your concern?

Cheers!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?