cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox unstable in iPad OS Files App.

Dropbox unstable in iPad OS Files App.

VinceM50
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The problem I have is that Dropbox seems to crash when running on an iPAD via the apple files app. If I open an application that uses the files app, such as Pages or Final Draft, when saving to the Dropbox via the files app, it crashes the app and for the next 4 to 5 minutes if I click on drop box via the files app it just doesn’t load.

Apple has confirmed this is a Dropbox issue (I raised it with them first), and I have not been able to crash the application(s) using Google Drive via files in the same way. 

Can anyone help?
155 Replies 155

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey guys, happy Wednesday! 

Thanks for all the detailed comments. I appreciate them.

You might want to check your inbox since I sent you all the emails.

If you need anything else, do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Dragon Personal Management
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
I have exactly the same problem. I have to keep rebooting my iPad so many times a day. Are use my iPad for all work connected to my screen so this is a huge issue so much so that I am now using iCloud files Then at the end of the day copying them all across to dropbox please fix this dropbox this is clearly a problem on your end because if you use iCloud files or Microsoft app all works fine it’s just drop box

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Dragon Personal Management, thanks for the report.

May I reach out via email to have a further look into this?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Sure - do you have our email on file ?

Simon

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Yeah, no worries, Simon. I just used the email address that's associated with your profile here, in our Community.

At your convenience, please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.  

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

superuser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have the same problem! 
it works for some minutes, then all of a sudden it hangs for a few seconds and then I can‘t access Dropbox folders in the files app unless I reboot the iPad. This is really frustrating because it renders Dropbox useless for professional use. 

Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Hi, I did some research myself and also raised a support ticket with Dropbox support people who looked into this for me the conclusion that we came to was that this is probably an Apple issue as in it’s part of the files app that’s blocking dropbox, it has improved a little bit of late but it is still happening for me. The problem is trying to go through this with Apple would be frustrating because they would just say I suspect it was a Dropbox problem. It doesn’t seem to happen with other apps, but to be fair if you use the dropbox app directly there are no issues it’s only when you’re trying to access a file through the MyFiles application so I suspect the problem is with the Apple operating system blocking access for some reason or as I suspect there is some demon running that is falling over. I used to work in IT support so I’m always interested in trying to resolve things I spent a long time working on this but unfortunately just kept coming up against the same brick wall, as I say I’m not sure it’s a Dropbox problem.

CuddleCopter
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been having this issue for the last 6 months. Has there been a solution to it? I’m desparately looking for other solutions as I daily use the ipad and dropbox for work and this makes it super frustrating. 

RSukie
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Add me as another having the problem with iPad Files app locking up when accessing Dropbox. This was bad under ios14 and has become unusable in ios15. I've ended up moving files to icloud storage so I can get work done. That as well as Box and Google Drive seem to work fine. Only Dropbox is exhibiting this. There is also no problem using the Dropbox app to get to the files, only when accessing Dropbox through the File app, I consistently get lockups.

Georges Dimitrov
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've been having this problems for months and months as well, it's extremely annoying. I'm on an iPad Pro 12" running latest iOS, but the issue started even on iOS 14. It's very frustrating and I might soon consider moving away from Dropbox, for which I have an expensive paid plan if nothing is done to resolve this issue. To me it happens with both Dropbox from the Files app, as well as the "Files" app as an integrated API called in other apps, such as GoodNotes.

Need more support?