cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox update disaster, Windows 7

Dropbox update disaster, Windows 7

Sid3
New member | Level 2
In February, I got a Dropbox update which then took over my computer and trashed it. But before it passed back control of my computer to me, it randomly uploaded files from my hard drive to Dropbox until my account was full. 

My response was to immediately uninstall Dropbox and run virus scans, which found nothing. I then had to spend a long time manually undoing the mess Dropbox had left my computer in.

I continue to get emails from Dropbox reminding me that I am out of space.

I would like to see what files it has uploaded, and delete them. However, I'm afraid to turn Dropbox loose on my computer again after this experience.
1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox update disaster, Windows 7

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Sid3; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear you had issues with this.

I'm not sure if that's the case, but did you happen to enable the computer backup feature upon installing the desktop app on your computer?

Can you see the files that have been uploaded when you visit your account on our website through a web browser?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?