cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox update seems rolled back?

Dropbox update seems rolled back?

Rob V.4
New member | Level 1

This is happening on both my Sierra Macs. I update Dropbox from 11.3.18 and the update completes ok (but without asking for Accessibility rights). The correct new version number shows, but when I check back later (after Dropbox has been resyncing like mad) it is back to 11.3.18 again? How can this happen?

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox update seems rolled back?

Rich
Super User II

I update Dropbox from 11.3.18 ... but when I check back later ... it is back to 11.3.18 again?

Updating from 11.3.18 to what, exactly? 11.3.18 only came out yesterday and is the latest Beta version currently available.

The correct new version number shows

What is the version number you're seeing?

Here's a link to the latest posted beta version, and another to the complete list of client builds:

Rob V.4
New member | Level 1

Interesting, the version number reported immediately after the update (both in Finder by the application in Applications folder and by hovering over the icon in the menu bar) is 11.4.16! But then again, after syncing for a while it is back to 11.3.18

Steve P.29
New member | Level 1

Same here. Got the warning with 11.3.18 so went to the update page, downloaded the updater and on completion, I had 10.4.26!

Something is not quite right here.

Later: OK - 10.4.26 is the latest non-beta, so that makes sense. However the "Your Dropbox may need updates" warning happens with 11.3.18 and there doesn't seem to be any version to upgrade to that will resolve the warning.

Matthew L.19
New member | Level 1

Happening to me too, on both my Sierra macs.

Rich
Super User II
Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Matthew L.19 New member | Level 1
    Steve P.29 New member | Level 1
    Rob V.4 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?