cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox updates to the same version over and over again in Linux Mint 19

Dropbox updates to the same version over and over again in Linux Mint 19

Dimage
New member | Level 2

Every day Dropbox shows me a dialog box to confirm its update to the new version. I confirm it every day. It downloads some files, unpacks and installs them (at least, it shows progress bar). In the end, the dialog just disappears. No confirmaiton of successful install and no error message. So today I checked it in the command line. 

dropbox version returns this:

Dropbox daemon version: 71.4.108
Dropbox command-line interface version: 2019.02.14

I run dropbox update. It downloads and installs some files, and in the end reports success. I check the version, and it's the same version. If I run dropbox update again, the same repeats. The version doesn't become newer.

Why would Dropbox ask for an update every day if there's no newer version?

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox updates to the same version over and over again in Linux Mint 19

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @Dimage,

So you are indeed on the latest version of the desktop app. I could suggest trying an advanced reinstall to see if this fixes the issue. 

However as we don’t currently support Mint 19 then I would suggest letting us know here whether the re-install works and perhaps others with the same Distro will be able to assist with this.

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?