cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox windows app continually adds "music" folder to drives.

Dropbox windows app continually adds "music" folder to drives.

MMS4MSU
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox Windows app continually adds "music" folder to drives. Every USB drive has an empty "music" folder. After uninstalling many programs to narrow it down to DB, it's annoying since I do not even have a "music" folder to sync in DB. How do I prevent DP from making the folder at all? 

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @MMS4MSU, thanks for posting on the Community!

Do you know if you've enabled the computer backup feature on the Dropbox desktop application?

Is this folder created the moment the drive is inserted, or when the Dropbox app starts up?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MMS4MSU
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the assistance Jay.

I have not set up nor I have enabled DB computer backup according to my preferences.

If the DB app is running, the folder is created instantly when the drive is installed. Even if I delete the folder, it is recreated instantly again. If I close the DB app, the folder will not be created at all.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @MMS4MSU, could you try reinstalling the app, without uninstalling it first, from this link?

Do you see any backup settings for other devices or external hard drives on this page in the preferences?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MMS4MSU
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @MMS4MSU, could you try reinstalling the app, without uninstalling it first, from this link?

Reinstall from the provided link did not fix the issue.

Do you see any backup settings for other devices or external hard drives on this page in the preferences?

No backup setting directed to other devices, just a couple of folders and nothing labeled as "music."

Jay
Dropboxer
If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?