cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox won't launch on Big Sur October 2020 Beta

Highlighted

Dropbox won't launch on Big Sur October 2020 Beta

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've got the latest version of Big Sur installed (20A5395g) and the latest version of Dropbox installed (108.3.436) but when I try to launch dropbox, nothing happens. No errors, no alerts, no notifications... when I check in on the activity monitor DropboxMacUpdate is running at 98.5% CPU - I thought maybe it was trying to finish installing something, so I've waited 24 hours but still the same thing. I can force quit the process and/or restart the computer, but always end up with the same results.. dropox doesn't appear to be finishing the install... any tips? Zack

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox won't launch on Big Sur October 2020 Beta

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @zfisher323, thanks for posting!

When you try and launch the app, do you see the Dropbox icon appear in your menu bar at all?

If so, when you hover over the icon, what sync status does it show?

Feel free to send along any screenshots (excluding personal info) if you see any error messages.

Looking forward to your reply!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

No, but I think I realized what the problem is/was.... I'm running an Apple Silicon box and I'm now thinking Dropbox doesn't support Apple Silicon yet? If so, is there a timetable for support? Thanks, Zack

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @zfisher323, If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?