cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox won't load onto my Android phone, says "this site can't be reached" tho I'm wifi connected

Dropbox won't load onto my Android phone, says "this site can't be reached" tho I'm wifi connected

Ry22
New member | Level 2

Nothing ever seems to work on the net!!

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox won't load onto my Android phone, says "this site can't be reached" tho I'm wi

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @Ry22,

Just to clarify, you are receiving this error message when trying to access Dropbox via a web browser on your Android mobile device, is that correct?

Would it be possible to try using another web browser on your mobile device to see if you experience the same behavior there? Could you also try using cellular data to see if there is any difference.

If you still see this error message then please send me a screenshot of this. Also, please just walk me through the steps you are taking when getting this error if you are trying to complete a certain action.

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox won't load onto my Android phone, says "this site can't be reached" tho I'm wi

Ry22
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the reply Daphne.

However, I'm afraid I've deleted my Dropbox account - as well as finding it user unfriendly, I had the dreaded 'black screen' on my laptop y'day morning, and the only new thing I'd installed over the past few weeks was Dropbox - which kept asking to "take control" of my laptop - needless to say I declined, but it seems to have done so anyway, and shut the laptop down in a way which meant I couldn't get it restarted, whether it was carrying a virus/trojan/whatever I don't know - tho I do have antivirus & anti-malware installed. Apple support were excellent in getting me back on track & agreed it was a good idea to get rid. 

I've discovered google have a facility, whether by app or gmail I can't recall, which is much easier to use, & no security issues with them as far as I'm concerned as long as location's disabled, so will stick with that.  Thanks for trying to help anyway - and fwiw I agree with your suggestion of using different browser, as Chrome can be problematic on some sites.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey again @Ry22,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had these issues with your computer. I wanted to mention since you said that Dropbox was requesting to “take control” of your laptop, if perhaps you were being prompted to allow admin privileges to the desktop app. The desktop app requires admin permissions for some of the core functions of the app.

Regardless, if you ever need assistance with Dropbox again then please feel free to ping me here and I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?