cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox won't open - Windows7

Dropbox won't open - Windows7

cunningoli
Explorer | Level 3

I noticed Dropbox had stopped sync'ing late November, so un-installed it, then reinstalled.

It installs successfully.

I double click on Dropbox to load and nothing happens. tried for hours to get it to work. IT does work on my mobile.

Tried installing as administrator, deleting all references to dropbox, un-installing then rebooting, turning McAfee off, deleting sync'd computers....

Can see the Dropbox proces start in task manager, then disappear.

Any help much appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Re: Dropbox won't open - Windows7

Kora
Dropboxer
Hello there!

Have you tried downloaded from this webpage on our website, the newest version od Dropbox Desktop application?

The newest versions have new each new version includes a number of key updates so it’s important that you run the latest version whenever possible 😉

Kora

cunningoli
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, downloading from link, installs successfully. Whe ndouble click on icon to load it doesn't open.

Also when I check favourites in Windows Explorer, there is no folder for Dropbox. IT has worked perfectly for a number of years, until end of Nov. Now I can't get it to install.

raymond18
New member | Level 2
im having the same problem on windows 7. trying to get my life started with dropbox before subscribing. tried 1 whole day downloading , installing , uninstalling from the link in this website. - rise repeat x 15times! i can see the icon but when i double click on it, it ran with the timer bar appearing then....nothing happened. the website version and phone works. all i need is the desktop version to work...

Kora
Dropboxer
Hi there,

I will continue with your case in a more personalized manner because it needs further work. So you'll be receiving an answer to your ticket soon 😉

cgaxtreme10
Explorer | Level 3

Hola, mi dropbox funcionaba perfectamente en windows 7, pero ya no funciona, lo volví a instalar, y reporta error, alguien me puede ayudar? Muchas gracias

Kora
Dropboxer

Hola @cgaxtreme10,

Tu caso tambien es mas especializado asi que tendras que crear un email con tu caso para poder ayudarte 😉

Kora 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kora Dropboxer
    cgaxtreme10 Explorer | Level 3
    raymond18 New member | Level 2
    cunningoli Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?