Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox won't start or quits

elnonio
Explorer | Level 3

My dropbox usually starts and runs OK on a windows 10 box that my wife and I use as separate accounts.
All too often, when I log on as me (or she as her) the dropbox icon has disappeared.  Or, when restarting, the dropbox appears to not start.  It happens often enough, though not always.  We're at the point that a couple of files that we use to manage finances, I ask her to open ONLY on my account since I can't trust Dropbox.

I have tried the uninstall/reboot/reinstall process before, but it still happens.  Dropbox is setup to start on startup in the app, and appears accordingly in the Windows 10 startup apps menu.

7 Replies 7

Re: Dropbox won't start or quits

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @elnonio

As a first step, could you ensure that you have the latest stable version installed (68.4.102) by hovering over your Dropbox icon? Bear in mind that a beta version can be recognized by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx, so if youre on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings.

If you’re still having trouble with this or this does not apply to you, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email due to account-specific info that’d be necessary on this (in which case, I can contact you directly to the email address associated with your Community profile).

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

elnonio
Explorer | Level 3

Well, I'll be....

Yes, I was under the early release program.  But no more; change the account setting. 

Ideally, I would revert back to the stable releases.  Guess I will have to uninstall, reboot, reinstall again?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @elnonio

Yes, try that out, and let me know if you see a difference in behavior. 

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

elnonio
Explorer | Level 3
So far so good. I'll reach out again if the issue comes back.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
That’s great to hear, @elnonio

If the behavior reoccurs or you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a shout. In the meantime, hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil

elnonio
Explorer | Level 3

Nope, it's still happening.  Contact me by email as you said.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @elnonio

I’ve followed up to the email address that your Community profile is connected to, so please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from your!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?