cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped by desktop: how do I open on iPad.

Solly2019
New member | Level 2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropped by desktop: how do I open on iPad.

Mark
Super User II

Log in to Dropbox on the iPad (app/website) and then open the file in an appropriate app that can open it - Dropbox usually just gets the file to the iPad it doesnt usually do the opening of it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Log in to Dropbox on the iPad (app/website) and then open the file in an appropriate app that can open it - Dropbox usually just gets the file to the iPad it doesnt usually do the opening of it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Roy10
New member | Level 2

I tried to do what the answer from Mark suggested but am confused still. Did not work.

I open my iPad, sign in and there is a ''desktop" of icons, one of which is the Dropbox. This is opened. On LHS is back   save settings    Upload.

below is a list.

rename all

upload to

new

choose a different folder.

The other larger side of screen, a darker grey is empty.

What do I do now ?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?