cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENTIRE HISTORY IS EMPTY (cleared) - Dropbox 100.4.409

ENTIRE HISTORY IS EMPTY (cleared) - Dropbox 100.4.409

Collaborator | Level 8

This morning, on my Mac, my Dropbox history was empty.

I went over to my Windows 10 box, saw my history, and then it TOO was cleared.

What the F--- is going on?

Why / how did this happen?

I didn't clear it - I didn't think I *COULD* clear it.

I didn't recent install - or reinstall.

6 Replies 6

Re: ENTIRE HISTORY IS EMPTY (cleared) - Dropbox 100.4.409

Dropboxer

Hi @Josh L.20, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

From what I understand, your Recents tab on your desktop app isn't listing any recent activity, is that right? 

If so, could you clarify of the desktop app is up to date or if it's still syncing? 

A screenshot (without any personal info) would also be very helpful. 

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Collaborator | Level 8

Can you please re-read my post? I think it answers your boilerplate questions. 
1. History was normal up until yesterday. No problems.

2. This morning, it was wiped out. First in my Mac, then, right before my eyes, on my PC. 
3. Yes, it is up to date. I have no choice - there is no way to turn off the crap Dbxsvc and related updater services. Based on the version I provided - IN THE TITLE, it was (is) not a test/beta.

Today, after losing ALL history across ALL devices, I re-enabled early releases. 
History is beginning to re-build as normal (FROM the time that it randomly cleared - which is NOT a feature, nor an end user "accident" or "mishap"). I did not trigger this. 
Something happened on the servers. I want to know what it is. Dropbox screwed up. 

Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @Josh L.20

Although I can't pin-point what might have happened exactly, could you check your Support options for contacting our team from this link, so that they could have a more in-depth look into this for you?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Collaborator | Level 8

Um, I already have.

But seeing as they're 1) slow, and 2) would not respond to me about my NON-business account (even though I went through the support steps FROM MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT), I posted here.

And, yet, here we are.

Did you run out of boilerplate?

Not applicable

Hi @Josh L.20,

The term "history" that you used is very vague and it is impossible to really know what you are talking about. Could you please explain what happened, in more detail? Are you possibly referring to deleted/lost files in your Dropbox folders?

In this case I suggest you restore your files from the website.

Hope this helps!

Collaborator | Level 8

i didn't lose files.

The solution - albeit Dropbox support and engineering have been functionally useless - was to just continue using it.

There is a bug - in the RELEASE channel - where looking at a number of photos on mobile will clear out all recent files on Mac/Windows client.

It does not clear in the browser interface, which simply collapses them into "blahblah.jpg and 20 other files".

Anyhow, nightmare.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?