cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES File Explorer/Manager PRO

ES File Explorer/Manager PRO

Antonisjr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have ES File Explorer PRO installed on my android phone and suddenly i can't access my dropbox files.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
You'll need to contact the creators of ES File Explorer Pro. Dropbox can only provide support for the Dropbox app. Any other app used to access Dropbox would only be using the Dropbox API, and it's up to the developers of that app to support it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
You'll need to contact the creators of ES File Explorer Pro. Dropbox can only provide support for the Dropbox app. Any other app used to access Dropbox would only be using the Dropbox API, and it's up to the developers of that app to support it.

nachtwey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How did dropbox change so that now es file explorer can't access it anymore? And why did dropbox do that?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

In June of 2016, Dropbox notified third-party developers that the Dropbox API v1 was being deprecated and any applications that still used it would need to be updated to use API v2. Those applications that didn't update would eventually be unable to connect to Dropbox. Fast-forward 15 months to September 2017, and Dropbox has finally shutdown API v1. ES File Explorer/Manager PRO was apparently never updated to use API v2, so it is now unable to connect.

Only the developers of ES File Explorer/Manager PRO can correct this, and they can only do it by updating their application to use the newer API.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    nachtwey New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?