cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVERYTHING is broken with this BLOATED APP

EVERYTHING is broken with this BLOATED APP

Printersmith
New member | Level 2

1. It doesn't start with Windows anymore - PERIOD.  Reinstalled, Rebooted, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET DROPBOX TO OPEN WITH WINDOWS 10 NOW?  All computers, all versions of Windows, no more dropbox, no more systray, no more syncing.  YES WE FREAKING HAVE IT SET UP RIGHT, and I've been using this for 10+ years, it just broke and seems to get more broken with each release!!

2. NO MORE SYSTRAY icon - EVER.  What the hell is going on here??  How can you take something that worked so perfectly for so many years and just destroy it with all these completely BLOATED and UNNECESSARY and UNACCEPTABLE changes!  WE WANT OUR OLD DROPBOX BACK that just WORKED, and simply creates a new folder in Windows Explorer and never failed.  THAT'S IT!!  All recent changes over the last 3-4 years are SOLUTIONS IN SEARCH OF NON-EXISTENT PROBLEMS AND HATE THEM ALL!!  We don't want or need DROPBOX TO MANAGE OUR LIVE OR TAKE OVER OUR COMPUTER.  GET OUT OF OUR FACE WITH THIS MESS OF A PROGRAM!!

3. Not SYNCING from my laptop - EVER.  Made a simple folder and added 6 small files into it.  HOURS AND DAYS have gone by with no update to the cloud and not syncing to my other PC's.

4. CANNOT minimize to SYSTRAY.  Now it opens like any other program and STAYS ON TASK BAR WHEN MINIMIZED!!  WE ARE DELETING DROPBOX FROM OUR LIFE IF YOU DON'T TAKE THIS JUNK OFF OUR TASKBAR AND GO BACK TO SYSTRAY!!

5. NO MORE PREFERENCES to fix any of this!!  So Dropbox decided they want to be IN OUR FACE and ON OUR TASKBAR and to completely manage our lives now.  WE DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS, AND WE DON'T WANT IT!!  GO AWAY, GET BACK IN YOUR PLACE PLEASE!!!

6. DOESN'T OPEN WITH WINDOWS STARTUP AND JUST GO TO SYSTRAY like it has for last 15 years!!  100% of computers, 100% of the time WE HAVE TO MANUALLY START DROPBOX AND KEEP IT ON OUR TASKBAR

7.  WE ARE A PAID BUSINESS CUSTOMER!  But now Dropbox says, "Personal" and doesn't recognize we are paying!  Constantly asking us for More MONEY, and to UPGRADE, even though we are paying for 2TB of service.  WTH!!!  You are charging our credit card each and every month and we are not getting what we want.  

8.  CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A COMPLETE JOKE.  NO ENGLISH PERSONS WHO CAN UNDERSTAND A LIST OF 6 TINY BULLET POINTS AND EVEN ADDRESS A SINGLE ONE OF THEM.  YOU HAVE BILLIONS IN REVENUE AND YOU CANNOT SPEND MORE THAN $2 / HOUR TO GET A REAL PROFESSIONAL TO SERVE YOUR BUSINESS CLIENTS.  VERY INSULTING!!!

DROPBOX WAS SO MUCH BETTER 5 YEARS AGO.  THE FREE VERSION FROM 2015 WORKED BETTER THAN TODAYS PAID, BUSINESS VERSION!!!

So we are now LEAVING DROPBOX and going back to someone who GETS IT, and just provides the simple tool that we WANTED & NEEDED.

1 Reply 1

Re: EVERYTHING is broken with this BLOATED APP

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Printersmith, thanks for reaching out. 

We do appreciate your feedback and I'll make sure it's passed along to our team.

If there's something else I can do, or if you'd like to troubleshoot a specific issue, let me know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?