cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing PDFs in Dropbox from my iPad

Editing PDFs in Dropbox from my iPad

GS321
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I'm trying to edit/markup PDFs that I have stored in Dropbox from my iPad. I'm using an Apple Pencil that's capable of "markup." 

The adobe integration was meant to be the answer for this; however, Adobe is now charging extra for the ability to edit. 

Apple allows you to edit Dropbox PDFs nicely through files; however, this seems to be hit or miss as sometimes the files won't open or get re-directed to Dropbox.

Are there other ways to edit PDFs from the iPad and have it sync with Dropbox? This would seem like it should be a top priority for an added feature. OneDrive, for example, has the functionality built directly into their app. Any help would be much appreciated. 

12 Replies 12

DMTA
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem.  I have Acrobat Pro, and I used to be able to do this, but now it's not cooperating.  Even when I click Edit, it only lets me select and move objects, not mark up by hand.  This is super frustrating.

robderon
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

and this is free !

best solution so far, thank you Hecksome

Justinas123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This actually worked! thanks a lot for this! Still cant believe you cant use Markups in Dropbox app.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Justinas123 New member | Level 2
    robderon Helpful | Level 6
    DMTA Explorer | Level 4
    hecksome Explorer | Level 4
    PV4 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?