cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edits made in Adobe don't reflect in Dropbox, how can I update the file in Dropbox?

Edits made in Adobe don't reflect in Dropbox, how can I update the file in Dropbox?

Greg Lloyd
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I have an iPhone and after opening the Dropbox app to open a file in the adobe acrobat app, I attempted to edit a pdf in the adobe app. When I exit the Adobe app, the edits are not made (Ex: underlining a line) in the file that is in the Dropbox app. How can I make sure the file in Dropbox matches the file in the adobe app edits for PDFs?

Thanks, Greg

7 Replies 7

Re: Editing in adobe

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Greg Lloyd, I hope you're well today!

Once you've finished editing the file in Adobe and tapped "Done" from the top left corner, can you try restarting the Dropbox app and let me know if you see the changes then?

If not, can you let me know which version of the Dropbox app you have installed and the iOS version of your device?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Greg Lloyd
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Daphe, I tried restarting the dropbox app like you suggested and now see the edits I have made. Thank you. Best, Greg

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that did the trick @Greg Lloyd!

It seems the app just hadn't refreshed the view of the file. If there's anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to get back to me here.

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Greg Lloyd
Explorer | Level 3
Hi, One additional question. If I have dropbox set up on a laptop (PC), how to I make edit to a PDF that are automatically saved into the dropbox cloud? Basically the same question as before, but just now for the desktop. When I go to save the edits made in adobe PDF for a dropbox file, it asks me to save as and I'm not sure if this will automatically update the file in the dropbox app or not. Thanks.

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'd be happy to help out @Greg Lloyd.

When the desktop app is running on your computer, it will sync the changes in the local Dropbox folder to your account online. To save the changes to Dropbox you'll just need to save the file back to it's original location within the Dropbox folder. 

Can you use the "Save" function instead of "Save as"?

Let me know if that helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Greg Lloyd
Explorer | Level 3
Hi, There is no option for "Save" just "save as". I did hit save as and saved the file as the same name that is in dropbox and the program asked if I would like to replace the previous file which I said yes. This worked when I refreshed the app. Thanks!

Daphne
Dropboxer

It's great to hear that worked @Greg Lloyd!

I'm just a post away if you have any other questions.

Have a great week ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?