cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email for old dropbox same as buisness

Highlighted

Email for old dropbox same as buisness

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I did not link my email to my business account. 

I had 2 dropbox's installed on my computer.  I could easily move from personal on the home page and back. 

My old user has now vanished with fles I need and all i have is access to the buisness. When I try to link the account it refuses as it is the same email. 

Help needed Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Email for old dropbox same as buisness

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @DaniD1, I'd be more than happy to try and help you out here!

To see if your accounts are still connected, please sign into your Business account online using the email you know.

From there, can you click on the option in the very bottom left corner of the page. You should see your personal account if they're still connected.

If you see it there, please click on this to open your personal account and then visit your account settings page here. This page will show you the associated email address.

It wouldn't be possible to have multiple accounts under the same email, so finding the personal account's email should help you with signing back in via the desktop app.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @DaniD1, I'd be more than happy to try and help you out here!

To see if your accounts are still connected, please sign into your Business account online using the email you know.

From there, can you click on the option in the very bottom left corner of the page. You should see your personal account if they're still connected.

If you see it there, please click on this to open your personal account and then visit your account settings page here. This page will show you the associated email address.

It wouldn't be possible to have multiple accounts under the same email, so finding the personal account's email should help you with signing back in via the desktop app.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I unlinked accounts, and added a different dropbox account, not the one i am trying to get into . If I leave business will my account return back to the old ?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@DaniD1 wrote:

If I leave business will my account return back to the old ?

Not automatically. When your account is removed from a Business team, it's deleted. Instead, you need to ask the admin of your Business team to convert your account back to an individual account.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?