cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption / password

Encryption / password

Jim U.1
New member | Level 1

Is it possible to add an extra password or file encryption to a document in Dropbox. I want to be able to use the document at my PC and phone, but, want more security, especially on the phone

5 Replies 5

Re: Encryption / password

DaveC2
New member | Level 1

No native function exists for this.

DB syncs what ever the content of the file is, so if you can implement a file encryption system on the PC and phone that can encrypt and unencrypt the files then DB will sync that file in its encrypted state. But you need that encryption/decryption at your end(s).

Jim U.1
New member | Level 1

Thanks, thought it might be that way, but, was hoping there might be a feature that did it.

Back to searching through the apps

Ian C.2
Helpful | Level 6

I recommend ncryptedcloud.com.
It's free for personal use.

James J.27
New member | Level 2

DB does offer two-step authentication for your entire account.
Two-step verification adds an extra layer of protection to your account. Whenever you sign in to the Dropbox website or link a new device, you'll need to enter both your password and also a security code sent to your mobile phone.

Mohammad G.1
New member | Level 1

Yes. It is exactly my concerns. I don't want which software is the best for that.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mohammad G.1 New member | Level 1
    James J.27 New member | Level 2
    Ian C.2 Helpful | Level 6
    Jim U.1 New member | Level 1
    DaveC2 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?