cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0x80080204 when updating or installing on Win10 Mobile 1709 (FCU)

Error 0x80080204 when updating or installing on Win10 Mobile 1709 (FCU)

pmeinl
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The installed DropBox version worked properly

Trying to update from the Microsoft Store under Win10 Mobile 1709 Fall Creators update results in error 0x80080204.

I then uninstalled DropBox.
A new install now results in the same error 0x80080204.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rudy H.
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

First, thanks a lot for your reports!

The problem was due to an issue created by Visual Studio 2017 and the Microsoft Store (a file generated by Visual Studio was not compatible with the store), Microsoft has been alerted and we will work with them to prevent this issue in the future for our application but also for other apps.

An update has been published (5.2.1.0), it should work now.

Thanks a lot 

Sincerely

Rudy

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

pmeinl
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Before and after trying to update/install Dropbox updates and new installs for other apps worked fine.

TF2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I too am experiencing this error when trying to download and install the DropBox App update on my Lumia 950 (W10M version 1703). This has happened before ( a few weeks ago) for a number of different updates and eventually, aftre a few days, they worked. I've reported the issue to Microsoft using the reporting function with the Microsoft Store.

pmeinl
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@TF2

My phone is a 950 too (XL).

I did report the problem to MS too.

So let us wait a couple of days 😞

marthaargerich1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Dropbox update or install on windows phone 10 lumia 735 no more possibile. Error 80080204

Rudy H.
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

First, thanks a lot for your reports!

The problem was due to an issue created by Visual Studio 2017 and the Microsoft Store (a file generated by Visual Studio was not compatible with the store), Microsoft has been alerted and we will work with them to prevent this issue in the future for our application but also for other apps.

An update has been published (5.2.1.0), it should work now.

Thanks a lot 

Sincerely

Rudy

verhoeks
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Rudy for the update.

Today (Saturday) installing Dropbox again from the mobile store is not yet working. Still unavailable to install with the same error.

When you mentioned it should be solved by now, I hope it is an issue of Microsoft publishing releasing the new version of Dropbox for installation.

Joost 

TF2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Rudy and Joost. I also still have the same error today (Saturday). I’ll post an update when that changes.

pmeinl
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Rudy H.

Thanks for your status update.

Just now the reinstall worked for me.
Had to cancel a pending install (by tapping on the X) first and then tap Install.

TF2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Update has also just worked for me!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropbox Staff
    verhoeks New member | Level 2
    evertime New member | Level 2
    TF2 Explorer | Level 4
    pmeinl Explorer | Level 3