cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2 on Windows 10 Pro

Error 2 on Windows 10 Pro

nvgte
Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to download dropbox and continually get the error 2 and saying I can download Dropbox for S mode. I've upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro thinking this might change it. I've cleared the registry and tried every solution I can find online. As shown below, I have Windows 10 Pro with NO S mode. I have tried both with Dropbox for S mode removed and also already installed. I'm at a loss on how to get it downloaded. I've tried it on a different computer with no problem but can't figure out why it won't install on this new computer. 

nvgte_0-1619647894565.png

4 Replies 4

Re: Error 2 on Windows 10 Pro

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @nvgte, thanks for dropping by our Community!

If your device is meeting the requirements for our desktop app, can you please have a look at this Help Center article?

Let me know if any of the information there helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nvgte
Explorer | Level 3

Support keeps pushing me back to needing to switch off S mode. Below is a snapshot showing I am not in S mode and I have no other options to turn it off. 

nvgte_0-1619708176925.png

nvgte
Explorer | Level 3

Here are my full specifications. I can't find anything that would prevent dropbox from being downloaded:

nvgte_0-1619708628209.png

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @nvgte, the Dropbox desktop application isn't compatible on ARM processors on desktop machines.

Only the mobile app can be installed on your machine.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    nvgte Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?