cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 400 on signing in

Error 400 on signing in

JB18
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a new phone and am trying to access dropbox for the first time on it.  When I try to log in it gives me an error.  "Sign in Failed.  The operation couldn't be compelted. (dropbox.com error 400). Help

25 Replies 25

Wood_Black
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Woke up and now I’m back in. Happy it’s working but it absolutely sucks because I really needed to access my files last night.

TreyInSD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
It’s not working

ultimatecin_73
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue on my new iPad Pro. I can log into the website fine, and I can also access Dropbox on my iPhone 8. I just can't log in on the iPad, I keep getting the 400 error message. Help?

Wood_Black
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I did delete and reinstall it but that was only on the iPhone. It’s working again on both devices.

theguy69
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Can you share the info located at the log file:

on ipad/iphone

Get crash logs directly from your iPhone/IPad

1. On your iPhone/Ipad, navigate to the Settings app
  2. Go to Privacy
  3. Go to Diagnostics & Usage
  4. Go to Diagnostic & Usage Data
  5. You will see an alphabetical list all crash logs on your device
  • Hint: Once you’ve entered the crash log, you can long-press to select all of the text and copy to your clipboard.

Cheers

JR

theguy69
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Sorry, another question:

Have you updated iOS and your apps to the latest release?

paintsmeblue686 write that have the latest iOS firmware

Cheers

JR

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Sounds like theres been a slight downtime overnight.

Pleased its all sorted.

TreyInSD - could you try a reboot of your devices and try again? If that doesnt work I suggest logging a ticket at support - www.dropbox.com/support which you can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

paintsmeblue686
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Wow! Glad to know I wasn't the only one. As of this morning, dropbox is now working. But, I'm still having issues with its connection to LiquidText. But, I think that's an issue for them, not here. I did need to work last night, too. Oh well. Glad its working now!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Make sure you are using the most recent versions of LiquidText - older ones probably wont work now as Dropbox depreciated some old API recently

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

paintsmeblue686
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes, I was. I was also logged on on my other iPhone (also running current software). It was really bizzare! Thanks for responding though!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JB18 New member | Level 2
    Ed Dropbox Staff
    stickadude New member | Level 2
    TreyInSD Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?