cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 when trying to log into my second account on Big Sur

Error 500 when trying to log into my second account on Big Sur

vareta
Explorer | Level 3

Sup friends. I sent a query thorugh Support, but Buster sent me a totally unhelpful standard message.

I recently wiped my Mac and reinstalled Big Sur 11.1. I have two Dropbox accounts (one paid and one Basic) and I reinstalled the app today. I am logged into the paid account and I'm trying to log back into the Basic account to access those files via Finder. When I click on "Switch accounts", a pop-up window with an Error message shows up.

I've tried: restarting, reinstalling, logging into Dropbox on my browser, contacting support (they were unhelpful). It was working just fine before I wiped my drive. Thoughts?

12 Replies 12

Re: Error 500 when trying to log into my second account on Big Sur

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @vareta, I hope you're well today!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, please send a screenshot of the error that you're getting when trying to connect the second account.

Also, can you please check to see if, for the Basic account, you currently have 3 or more devices showing as connected in your account settings here?

If you have any old devices still showing as connected that you no longer use, you can disconnect them from your account with the trash icon next to the device entry to bring you below the 3 device limit.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

vareta
Explorer | Level 3

Hey there! Thank you for your reply. I've tried your suggestions and deleted a lot of old stuff (including the devices at my office that I haven't been in since March...) and still no dice.

This is my error (it's in Spanish). It just says there's been an error and to consult here.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-12-27 a la(s) 21.59.53.png

vareta
Explorer | Level 3

Update: I have tried the advanced reinstall after browsing the forum a little, and it's still not working.

Jay
Dropboxer

Could you contact the support team from your paid account in order for them to look into this matter in more detail?

When you get the ticket ID in a reply, please could you let me know so I can locate it here, thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

muhsak
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem and don't have any paid account. Both accounts are Basic. One was a business account that now is on basic plan, the other is personal account on basic plan.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @muhsak, could you check if you have three (or more) devices already connected? 

You can confirm this by going to your Security tab online. 

If you do have more than that, have a look and see if you are on a Basic account by navigating to the Plan tab

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

muhsak
Explorer | Level 3

thanks @Lusil 

As I mentioned before both of my accounts are free. One is free business account and the other is personal one. And I linked under 3 device to them.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know, @muhsak

I sent you a ticket to have a better look into this, whenever you have a moment, check your inbox.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

vareta
Explorer | Level 3
Hi @Jay
I sent a ticket and it was closed AGAIN with an unhelpful message about seeing my support options (which I did).
Ticket is #11894130. Thank you.
Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?