cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Connection Timed out

Error Connection Timed out

GrandDuc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

All the Windows PCs on my network this morning, regardless of version of Windows receive an ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT when trying to access www.dropbox.com. The OSX machines are fine. All receive IP (Address, DNS) info from DHCP server, all use same firewall that has no rules blocking outbound connections. I tried using Google DNS servers, same result. Does not seem to be a DNS issue as a ping to Dropbox from those PCs return the IP address correctly.
It is obviously something on my network, but why only the Windows machines?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey peeps! Thanks for checking back in here and glad to hear that the issue seems to be resolved for you. 

If the behavior persists for you though, don’t hesitate to give me a nudge and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

34 Replies 34

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @GrandDuc, sorry to hear that. 

Hmm. :thinking: Initially, could you please confirm for me if you’ve tried switching browsers or using incognito? Could you also try navigating directly to another tab on the website such as your Files tab?

Any additional info and screenshots (without personal info) of the behavior you’re seeing would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GrandDuc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Different browsers, Incognito, different Windows versions on different PCs and the link you posted above, all same result.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Here is a Tracert result

upload_8866657646799914935.jpghttp://www.educalivres.com/tracert_dropbox.jpg

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for your swift reply and for the screenshot, @GrandDuc

I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to further investigate. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

GrandDuc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Would it be possible to send it to a different email address? I don't have access to that email address, it belongs to an actual dropbox user, I am just internal support and don't actually use DropBox.

GrandDuc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have also now tried bypassing my entire network/firewall. I have connected a Windows 10 machine directly into my ISPs router, using one of my public IPs available to me and I have same result.

I have no issues accessing any other websites I try, other than www.dropbox.com

The issue is either my ISP or dropbox.com with packets originating from my ISP network

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the additional info, @GrandDuc.

I’m afraid I’m only able to contact the email address connected to the Community profile here for security and privacy purposes. 

Nonetheless, you could always submit a ticket from your end directly to our Support team and then let me know the seven digit number ID associated with the ticket. 

Thanks again!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Data-SoilOptix
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am experiencing the same issue on my Windows PC however do not have a problem connecting on the same network via the Android App.

GrandDuc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Glad to hear we are not the only one. So, just to confirm, you are experiencing connection issues from only your Windows PC from the same network to Dropbox.com?

GrandDuc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Also, who is your ISP?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    ITech5401 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    GrandDuc Explorer | Level 4
    sb10 Explorer | Level 4