cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error Connection Timed out

Error Connection Timed out

GrandDuc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

All the Windows PCs on my network this morning, regardless of version of Windows receive an ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT when trying to access www.dropbox.com. The OSX machines are fine. All receive IP (Address, DNS) info from DHCP server, all use same firewall that has no rules blocking outbound connections. I tried using Google DNS servers, same result. Does not seem to be a DNS issue as a ping to Dropbox from those PCs return the IP address correctly.
It is obviously something on my network, but why only the Windows machines?

34 Replies 34

sb10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

yep, ok here too, for now.

Curious to know what was the problem.

GrandDuc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yup, working here as well as of now

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey peeps! Thanks for checking back in here and glad to hear that the issue seems to be resolved for you. 

If the behavior persists for you though, don’t hesitate to give me a nudge and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ITech5401
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having this issue now on all our Windows pcs. The app on the computers just stays stuck at "Connecting." I've bypassed our firewall and that did not resolve the issue.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ITech5401; I'm sorry for the delayed reply. 

If you're still having issues, apart from the firewall, have you made sure that there's no antivirus or perhaps a VPN/proxy setting that might be causing this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?