cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message While Installing

Error Message While Installing

New member | Level 2

I download the dropbox app, however get this error message when trying to open it. Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 1.55.43 PM.pngI have tried redownloading various versions of the app, and going to terminal and typing various commands to change the permissions. However, Because I don't think the app is fully installed yet, terminal comes back saying file not found or something along those lines. Anyone have any other ideas for how to get dropbox to complete the download? 

3 Replies 3

Re: Error Message While Installing

Collaborator | Level 9

Hi,

I think you should send to the Support the text file available through the link that is on the error message. Than they should be able to understand the problem and give you a proper help. It's the link just below "Please contact Dropbox support with the following info for help".

Cheers.

New member | Level 2

hello! If I click on that link it pulls up some sort of code. and the link can't be copied. I retyped it out so that I could send it to Dropbox support, however it seems I cannot contact dropbox directly. The only options my account has for dropbox support is to use the dropbox bot or the community boards. hence why I am here :disappointed face: 

Dropboxer

Hi there @Marbear76, thanks for checking in with us. 

As a first step, could you try copy-pasting the error log that you got after clicking on the hyperlink?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?