cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error downloading folder through web client

Error downloading folder through web client

Daniel K.61
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm trying to download a large folder through the web client. After I click download I'm prompted to save a small file called unspecified.htm, which saves and then nothing else happens. I'm sure I've used this feature successfully before. Any idea what's happening?

I've tried both download methods - click the folder and click download at the top, and right click. I can download individual files successfully.

Tried Mozilla Firefox & Chrome, Windows 10.

103 Replies 103

Lauri K.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Since it isn't possible to quote, here goes nothing:
Jonny t., thanks for your help link. It's pretty weird that just last fall I shared successfully over 3GB .zip (it was premade but it doesn't seem to work anymore even like that). Well I quess I have to switch over to other service that does work like I need it to.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Pierre S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

bye bye dropbox

Juan Antonio M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

You can download up to 100 pics at once! select 100 and download and it will work with a zip file download.

Shweta B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having the same issue on Mac with Chrome and Safari.

Thomas H.27
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Pathetic.  Having to download several gigs of files in a very hierarchical directory structure.  For some subfolders it works great, I get a complete zip file with nested directories.  For most I'm having to download individual files.  No rhyme or reason.

This, plus pathetic delegation and access (giving access to a subfolder also grants access to all sister folders!) means I'm not renewing in April when my membership's up. 

SwanCobb
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I downloaded a folder -- it downloaded unspecified. Was on a Mac using Chrome.

Pete H.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

+1 with same issue - safari / chrome on OSX 10.11.3

Ryan P.28
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

So i was considering signing up for the full version of dropbox as i'm about to go travelling and would be handy. But why would i pay not to be able to download my files as I grouped them. 1GB is not a big file these days. Has dropbox gone back to the 90's to die or has someone come up with a solution that allows me to down load my files as grouped rather then individually?

kevin g.11
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

bump.

I'm unable to download folders. I get the "unspecified" file.  This issue makes dropbox unusable for me.  

Does dropbox ever respond here or are we just confirming each others' issue? 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AhmedShatla New member | Level 2
    tom b.34 New member | Level 2
    Info M.1 Explorer | Level 4
    stephenhartley New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?